I love a good curry and this Jamaican curry is one of my favourites!
Here’s what you need to season the chicken:
1 tbs of garlic powder
1 tbs of curry powder
1 tbs of paprika
1 tbs of crushed chilli flakes or 1/2 a red scotch bonnet pepper
1 tbs of all purpose seasoning
1 tbs of chicken seasoning
(Rajah and TRS are the best brands to use)
- Rub all the seasonings into diced chicken breast (300g) and allow to marinated for two hours in the fridge or up to a day.
- Once the chicken is marinaded, heat 4tbs of olive oil with 1 tbs of curry powder and tomato purée.
- Add the chicken and fry for 3 minutes, stirring the chicken occasionally.
- Once fried, add half an onion and a tomato (chopped into small pieces)
- Fry for another 2 minutes until onion and tomatoes are soft.
- Cover the meat with hot water (the water level should just be above the level of the meat in the pot) add a heaped tablespoon of butter and cook on a medium heat for 20 minutes with the lid on. Stir occasionally until the gravy thickens.
Serve with rice or some faux rice. See last previous post for the cauliflower rice recipe.
Kim’s tip: add diced sweet potatoes or carrots in the last 10 minutes of the cooking time. I’ve made a low carb version.
Enjoy this curry!!! It’s delicious and full of flavour!