Jambalaya is a dish of rice which can be made with prawns, chicken, smoked sausage and vegetables. In our case, chicken and chorizo. Jambalaya is a dish from Louisiana with Spanish and French influence. It’s a one pot dish so this will save on the washing up after!
Here’s what you’ll need:
400g can chopped tomato
350ml chicken stock
250g long grain rice
75g chorizo, sliced
4 tbsp Cajun seasoning
4 chicken breast, chopped
2 red peppers, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid and brown the chicken for 5-8 mins until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Tip in the onion, the pepper, garlic, chorizo and Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir the chicken back in with the rice, add the stock and chopped tinned tomatoes.
- Add salt to taste, cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the rice is tender.
- I love a one pot dish, don’t you?
Enjoy! This dish is full of flavour!