Banana Loaf/bread is my husband’s favourite! He loves it warm with lots of fresh custard.
Here’s the recipe I used to make his favourite cake:
225g self raising flour
110g caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Add the eggs and mix again.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl.
- Add the mash banana to the butter and egg mixture and stir with a spatula.
- The mixture may look curdled when the banana is mixed in, but it will be fine once the flour is added.
- Sieve and fold in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon.
- Pour into a loaf tin lined with a loaf case or grease and line the loaf tin.
Bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees/gas mark four.
Enjoy your loaf with some custard or cream!!!